Colin Farrell is one of the most famous actors to have come from Ireland. He has always been happy to speak his heed and has been no stranger to controversy in the past.
Colin Farrell quote. I've never seen a moon in the sky that, if it didn't take my breath away, at least misplaced it for a moment. Image copyright Ireland Calling
He has spoken openly about his drug utilise and how the pressures of fame can weigh on large Hollywood stars. Since becoming a male parent, Farrell has calmed, and he has frequently spoken about how his outlook on life inverse when his son was born.

Back to quotes abode page
More than on Colin Farrell

Farrell remains a pop effigy in Ireland due to his open up and honest nature. Here is a selection of some of his best quotes.
Colin Farrell quote. Being Irish is very much a part of who I am. Image copyright Ireland Calling

* * *

Perhaps finding love is an impossibility. I've been lucky enough in my life to have been in beloved a few times. I've felt how wonderful it is and how hard it can be to be in love.
Family is the well-nigh important aspect in my life. Without the love and back up I receive from them, I don't know where I'd be. I'm in no hurry to get anywhere. I don't have any plans. I don't have a map. If you did in this business, y'all'd destroy yourself.
I got kicked out of school, drank way too much and really I've washed every bad thing y'all could imagine. I practise hope my kids will do it amend i twenty-four hours.

* * *

Colin Farrell quote. The first time you hold your baby in your arms a sense of strength and love washes over you. Image copyright Ireland Calling

* * *

Valentine's Day – I don't fifty-fifty know what that'due south about. I mean, it'south an excuse, I don't think there'south annihilation incorrect with flowers or chocolate-covered cherries, merely it would exist dainty if information technology didn't take a commercially-promoted vacation for people to extend themselves in gestures of beloved.

Colin Farrell quote on physical training for picture roles

I find it the most tedious waste material of life. It'due south so slow. I'd prefer to be sitting in a pub with a few strangers talking' than looking at myself in the mirror running' on the treadmill.

Colin Farrell quote on the girl that volition interest him

The obvious; sense of sense of humour, a scrap of danger, good fun. A good heart is a actually sexy affair. All women take the potential to exist sexy and it's cipher to do with the dress someone wears or the make-up they put on their face, information technology'due south the aged-one-time platitude maxim: 'What comes from within'.
Having coin is lovely. Jesus, I'yard really lucky, considering information technology allows me to pay for the physician and speech therapists Jimmy needs. I can pay for really expert ones, the best. I'm agape a lot of people whose children have atmospheric condition really struggle.

* * *

Colin Farrell quote. I don't care about who sees my bits. My bits looked the size of a cashew nut. Image copyright Ireland Calling

Colin Farrell quote on leaving Ireland

I miss the people, the pubs, the culvert, fish and chips – curry sauce on the side – cheese and nachos with jalapeno peppers in the UGC theatres in Tallaght. And I miss the seasons.
I have found a love that I never though I'd find through my son. It's a bizarre feeling to know that nothing can come up betwixt us.

Colin Farrell quote on Hollywood

I'one thousand non seduced past information technology all. I swear to God. I'g hands pleased, yeah. Don't become me wrong, I'll indulge in it. I'll be in Los Angeles for ii weeks and I'll have a laugh, get battered and accept a buzz, but at the end of the mean solar day, I'll go home. It's just me earning a few more stories to tell everyone at abode and all.
It'southward the well-nigh gorgeous, gorgeous matter. He'south but my friend. He'south a footling homo who can't quite speak and say what he wants yet and it's wonderful. I adore him. For me, fatherhood is the ultimate success.

* * *

Colin Farrell quote. I'm just true Irish boy at heart. Image copyright Ireland Calling
I'thou just a true Irish boy at heart. I'k just myself, I stick by my guns and I treat people the way I remember they should be treated, regardless of their status. And I just accept a laugh.

* * *

I do have the ability to explore life and to be over the moon at the smallest thing – a few pints and a craic in the pub and I'k in heaven.
The ins and outs of what I've been through, even when information technology comes to rehab, is non a sorry story. None of information technology is a sad story. I had a cracking fourth dimension and some astonishing memories and lots of good stuff that I've forgotten. I went from being in "Ballykissangel" to starring contrary Bruce Willis in "Hart's State of war" in the space of two years.
Fame was something that seemed incredibly exotic. It represented the ultimate kind of status. Only information technology eventually became one of those 'be careful what y'all wish for' things.

* * *

Colin Farrell quote. My Dublin wasn't the Dublin of sing songs, it was more competition with the neighbours. Image copyright Ireland Calling

* * *

Anything I am and anything I hope to exist, I have my mom to thank.

Colin Farrell quote on quitting drinking

When I knocked the jar on the head vii years ago, it was a Large life change. You know, you don't simply non drink and then act the same mode and live the aforementioned mode. For me, the drink was a huge part of my identity and information technology was a huge function of who I felt I was as a man. I'd been drinking since I was xiv. So when that'southward gone, your life changes a footling scrap.

Colin Farrell quote on his football aspirations every bit a youth

It kind of went downhill, I was smoking a flake of reef. You know, y'all roll your start joint, drink your offset beer and observe the girls and, well, that was it. I loved football game, only I couldn't make the training whatsoever more.

* * *

Colin Farrell quote. Anything I am and anything I hope to be I have my mom to thank. Image copyright Ireland Calling

* * *

The scent of a flower! I used to hit the bottle whenever I felt overwhelmed, now I sniff on flowers.

Colin Farrell quote on getting into yoga

I was suspicious for a bit. I recollect thinking nearly six months into not drinking: "I bet you I'm going to start doing yoga at some phase. Adjacent thing I'll be a vegan."
I think feeling embarrassed nearly this new health fizz that I was getting into scrap past bit. I was at home in the garden with a loving cup of tea and I had goose egg to do. Volition I go and see a moving picture? No, I'll get and do yoga. For me, walking into a yoga studio was mortifying. It was similar walking into a guitar shop or a motor cycle shop – instant inferiority complex, when you lot're not role of the gang. But I took a class and oasis't looked back since. You spend so much time in your head in life. And what yoga does is, it asks you to let your head to be quiet, to let information technology to exist still, but for an hour and a one-half. Only deal with your body and your breath. And it's a nifty conditioning. I dearest information technology.
I get no kicks from going to the gym. It doesn't do information technology for me. Never has. Some people bask working out. Simply that's never done information technology for me. In the past, I'd breathe in heavily betwixt takes. I sucked information technology in and did a accept. That way it doesn't hurt the beer consumption at all.

* * *

Colin Farrell quote. Through the birth and existence of my son, I want to be alive for a long time and watch him grow up. Image copyright Ireland Calling

* * *

At that place are things I may have done before my son was born that I won't do anymore.

* * *

I work my a**eastward off. I'm never tardily, inquire anyone. I'thou only 27. I don't feel similar a big star. I feel neither the pressure nor the grandeur of my situation, you know. I think I'm nevertheless trying to find my feet as an histrion. And I know it own't encephalon surgery, but information technology confuses me and it comes between me and my sleep a lot.

* * *

When I went to the Oscars for the first time I was gobsmacked and I hateful I've been three times. It's huge, it's ridiculous and it's pompous and equally information technology's exciting and awe-inspiring. Information technology ways nil and it ways loads.
More than on Colin Farrell
quotes.html